Following the latest government rules we have instigated a number of measures:
- All customers will be asked to abide by the social distancing rules (now 1m plus)
- You need to register before enteringthe pub, you can use the NHS Covid 19 app
- Nobody should be standing inside or outside the pub, it is now table service only.
- When you are allocated a table please sit at it. No mingling allowed!
- If you need to enter the pub you should wear a mask when moving around.
- Anyone who comes inside the pub may have their temperature taken
These measures will continue to evolve as we learn how best to serve you legally. Keep safe. Thanks for your understanding.
Roger and Sue Young will ensure a warm welcome at the Izaak Walton, a delightful pub in the heart of the historic and picturesque village of East Meon.
The Izaak is a classic local pub very popular with villagers and visitors alike. For those requiring liquid refreshment there is a good choice of competitively priced real ales and beverages.
We have reduced our hours of opening during the Virus crisis. We open 12-2:30 and 5-9:30 mid-week, 12-9:30 Friday and Saturday and 12-8 Sunday. Closed all day Monday
East Meon is one of the few villages off the South Downs Way where a short diversion does not require you to lose much height. It is a convenient place for walkers, cyclists and horse-riders to stop. (click here for a sketch map)
In the summer the garden is very popular and there is a play area for the kids. Large groups can be catered for but it is best to order in advance.