At long last the pub is open, welcome back everyone
To keep everyone safe we have instigated a number of measures:
- As before all customers must abide by the social distancing rules (now 1m plus)
- You need to register on entering the pub, you can use the NHS Covid 19 app or fill one of our slips
- It is now table service only for customers sat at tables outside
- When you are allocated a table please sit at it. No mingling allowed! Six persons per table are allowed from a maximum of 2 households.
- If you need to enter the pub to use the toilet you should wear a mask when moving around.
At least we are now back on the road towards normality. Keep safe. Thanks for your understanding.
Roger and Sue Young will ensure a warm welcome at the Izaak Walton, a delightful pub in the heart of the historic and picturesque village of East Meon.
The Izaak is a classic local pub very popular with villagers and visitors alike. For those requiring liquid refreshment there is a good choice of competitively priced real ales and beverages.
We have reduced our hours of opening during the Virus crisis. We open 12-2:30 pm and from 6pm Tuesday to Thursday (5:30 pm Wednesday) and open all day from Friday to Sunday . Closed all day Monday (except bank holidays)
East Meon is one of the few villages off the South Downs Way where a short diversion does not require you to lose much height. It is a convenient place for walkers, cyclists and horse-riders to stop. (click here for a sketch map)
In the summer the garden is very popular and there is a play area for the kids. Large groups can be catered for but it is best to order in advance.