We have instigated a number of measures to keep our customers and staff safe:
- All customers will be asked to abide by the social distancing rules (now 1m plus)
- Only groups of up to 6 people are now allowed, avoid mingling with anyone outside the group you are with, even if you see other people you know.
- We have enabled on-line ordering through this site. There should be no need to go in the pub other than to use the toilet facilities and to collect drinks.
- Anyone who comes inside the pub may have their temperature taken
- Tables are not bookable
- We ask all customers to limit their visit to a maximum of 2 hours
Our community spirit will help get us through the many problems that are likely to arise. We will not be taking payment on the website so you can order for others who do not have access to it.
We appreciate that there will be some customers with special needs who may need to use the dining room rather than eat outside. This will be subject to staff discretion.
The website and measures will evolve as we learn how best to serve you. Keep safe. Thanks for your understanding.
Roger and Sue Young will ensure a warm welcome at the Izaak Walton, a delightful pub in the heart of the historic and picturesque village of East Meon.
The Izaak is a classic local pub very popular with villagers and visitors alike. For those requiring liquid refreshment there is a good choice of competitively priced real ales and beverages.
We have reduced our hours of opening during the Virus crisis. We open 12-2:30 and 5-9:30 mid-week, 12-9:30 Friday and Saturday and 12-8 Sunday. Closed all day Monday
East Meon is one of the few villages off the South Downs Way where a short diversion does not require you to lose much height. It is a convenient place for walkers, cyclists and horse-riders to stop. (click here for a sketch map)
In the summer the garden is very popular and there is a play area for the kids. Large groups can be catered for but it is best to order in advance.